- About Us
New Tukwila Citizen Advisory Pool Committee seeks members
Applicants are wanted to serve on the Tukwila Citizen Advisory Pool Committee.
Voters in August approved the formation of the Tukwila Pool Metropolitan Park District, which is overseen by a Board of Commissioners composed of the Tukwila City Council.
The board wants the advisory committee to:
• Plan, promote and recommend policy and standards for construction, development, maintenance and operations of aquatic facilities within the Tukwila Pool Metropolitan Park District.
• Develop and recommend programs to promote aquatic services and inform the public of aquatic facilities that are available for public use.
• Encourage, recommend and aid programs for or related to aquatics services and enrichment.
• Explore ways and methods of obtaining private, local, state and federal funds to promote aquatics projects and programs within the community.
• Promote pool gift giving, including setting standards for such gifts.
• Render any other advice and assistance related to aquatics services.
The selection process includes a thorough review of applications, interviews and background checks. Appointments will occur in early February and the first meeting of the Committee will be in early March.
The application form can be downloaded at http://www.tukwilawa.gov/mayor/boards.pdf and will be accepted through Jan. 17.
For more information, contact Rick Still, parks and recreation director, at 206-767-2342.