- About Us
Candidates file for Tukwila City Council; Tukwila School Board | Election 2011
The following candidates have filed for the Tukwila City Council and Tukwila School Board, according to the King County Elections website:
CITY OF TUKWILA
• City of Tukwila Mayor
Jim Haggerton (incumbent)
• City of Tukwila Council Position No. 2
Kathy Hougardy (incumbent)
• City of Tukwila Council Position No. 4
Dennis Robertson (incumbent)
• City of Tukwila Council Position No. 6
Louise H. Strander
TUKWILA SCHOOL BOARD
• Tukwila School District Director District No. 2
Steven Mullet (incumbent)
• Tukwila School District Director District No. 4
Mark Wahlstrom (incumbent)
• Tukwila School District Director District No. 5
Dave Larson (incumbent)
Candidates had until Friday, June 10 to file.
The primary election is Aug. 16 for races with three or more candidates. The two candidates in each race with the most votes advance to the general election on Nov. 8.
If there are only one or two candidates, the position will appear on the general election ballot.
Ballots are mailed July 29 for the primary and Oct. 21 for the general election.