Tukwila to mark nation's birthday at Fort Dent Park
June 28, 2012 · Updated 9:54 AM
Tukwila’s Fourth of July celebration in Fort Dent Park Wednesday, July 4, will see some changes, mainly the location of the fireworks display at 10 p.m.
The location of the fireworks display has been moved to the fields closer to Starfire Way and Interurban Avenue. The move will require a smaller fireworks shell but the display still promises to light up the sky and wow the crowd, according to city officials.
The map at right will help explain the new layout for the celebration.
Tukwila’s Family 4th schedule
Wednesday, July 4
Fort Dent Park, 14800 Starfire Way, Tukwila
9 a.m. – Park opens to the public. Parks & Recreation Department staff will be on-site for event set-up and to answer any questions; look for the red information tent.
4 p.m. – Kids inflatable bouncers begin, free
4 p.m. – Kids “hands-on” activities begin
6-8 p.m. – Roving clowns
7-9 p.m. – Roving entertainment by Eric Haines, stilt walker and juggling
6 p.m. – Welcome to event, Mayor Jim Haggerton
6:15 p.m. – National Anthem sung by Tukwila Firefighter Cathy Browning
6:30-8 p.m. – The Islanders
8:30-10 p.m. – British Export
10 p.m. – Fireworks display
The city is still accepting vendors. Information is available by calling the Tukwila Community Center at 206-768-2822 or via email: Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tukwila Sister Cities Committee will be selling glow items such as necklaces, hair extensions, light sabers, glasses, etc. Most glow items cost $5. Popcorn and candy concession sales too. Cash only.
• 11th District Democrats with voter registration forms and campaign literature for distribution from endorsed candidates.
• Suzie’s Toys will be selling cotton candy, hats, horns, bugles, wands, flags and other items.
• Paparazzi Accessories by Shayla will be selling jewelry, headbands, hair clips, gift bags and other items.
• Northwest Therapeutics, a new clinic in the Renton area, will be available for 15 and 30 minute massages. Offering discounts to local community for services.
• Tukwila CERT & Block Watch with information about current and future community programs.
• H&D Foods – selling Elephant Ears, Hot Dogs, Sausage, Garlic French Fries, Corn Dogs, Root Beer, Lemonade, Soda and Water.
• My Newt Mini Donuts & Shaved Ice – selling Mini Donuts and Hawaiian Shaved Ice (photo attached)
• German Mobile Food – selling Speatzle, Pork Schnizle, Bierocks (German Pastries), Red Cabbage and German Chocolate Cake.
• Sweet Bones barbecue – Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Chips and Soda.
• Reigning Kettle Corn – selling Kettle Corn
• El Super Taco – selling Nachos and Corn on the Cob (regular & Mexican)
• Jamba Juice – selling Fruit Smoothies
• Barbecues and portable grills are allowed in designated areas of the park.
• Pets must be leashed.
• No personal fireworks of any kind are allowed at this event or within the Tukwila City limits.
For information about this and other City of Tukwila special events please call the Tukwila Community Center at 206-768-2822 or visit the city website at http://www.ci.tukwila.wa.us/recreation/recevent.html