Highway closures for Saturday’s Seattle Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon
June 22, 2012 · 9:42 AM
SEATTLE – Drivers will need to plan their trips around the thousands of runners who will be pounding the pavement on Saturday, June 23, for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon.
The race will temporarily close the Alaskan Way Viaduct, the Interstate 90 express lanes as well as numerous ramps on Interstate 5.
The northbound lanes of State Route 99 will close from Diagonal Avenue S. in SoDo through the Battery Street Tunnel to Roy Street from 5 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Ramps along the route will also be closed. The southbound lanes of SR 99 will remain open to drivers.
The I-90 express lanes will be closed at 4 a.m. and will reopen to eastbound traffic by 2 p.m.
The following ramps will be closed from 5 a.m. until 10 a.m.:
- · Southbound Rainier Avenue South on-ramp to eastbound I-90
- · East and westbound I-90 off-ramps to Rainier Avenue South
- · All ramps to and from Dearborn Avenue to I-5
Drivers wishing to avoid a busy I-90 into Seattle should keep in mind that due to the marathon, the State Route 520 floating bridge drawspan will not open to marine traffic from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Heavier traffic is expected on I-5 in and out of Seattle. Before heading out, drivers should check the most up-to-date information with WSDOT’s online travel tools such as the Seattle traffic page, the What’s Happening Now page, Twitterfeed or our mobile application.
Hyperlinks within the release:
- · Seattle Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon course map: runrocknroll.competitor.com/seattle/event-details#course
- · Express lanes: www.wsdot.wa.gov/Northwest/King/ExpressLanes/SpecialEvents.htm
- · WSDOT Seattle Traffic page: www.wsdot.com/traffic/seattle/default.aspx
- · WSDOT What’s Happening Now: www.wsdot.wa.gov/construction/pugetsound/today.htm
- · Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/@wsdot_traffic
- · WSDOT Mobile Apps: www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/seattle/products/
- · Travel alerts: www.wsdot.com/traffic/trafficalerts/pugetsound.aspx
- · SR 520 alerts: public.govdelivery.com/accounts/WADOT/subscriber/new?