The following is a press release from Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority.
A fire broke out on Saturday,May 12 in a 14900 block of 32 Place Southeast condo in SeaTac. No one was home at the time of the fire.
When firefighters from Puget Sound Fire, Burien Fire Department and the Tukwila Fire Department arrived at the two-story condo shortly after 3 p.m., they found large amounts of fire on the first-floor patio and an attached storage room. That fire had also spread to the upstairs balcony and through the bird blocking into the attic.
It took firefighters approximately 20 minutes to fully extinguish the flames. None of the surrounding condos suffered any fire damage, though several had smoke in them.
Two cats were rescued from the fire and a woman, whose association with the fire and condo is unclear, was treated for minor burns several blocks from the fire.
Red Cross is assisting the two displaced residents and 1-800-Board-Up is providing the free community service of securing the windows and doors damaged by the fire.
The fire is currently under investigation.