Two people from the same household got sick after eating raw blue crab in mid-January 2019.
The blue crab was reported to have been purchased from Seafood City in Tukwila.
According to the Public Health Department, one of the individuals was hospitalized. One had also been laboratory-confirmed to have Grimontia hollisae.
Both have since recovered, the department posted on its website.
On Feb. 12, Environmental Health investigators visited Seafood City but did not find any factors to contribute to the spreading of these bacteria, the department reported.
The health department worked with Washington State Department of Health Shellfish Program and the Washington State Department of Agriculture to investigate the source of the crab.
According to the Public Health Department’s website, the source of the crab was not listed at the time of this post.
For more information on this incident, visit the department’s website.