Puget Sound Fire Authority and Tukwila Fire Department respond to electrical panel fire in SeaTac

A residential electrical panel caught fire; there were no injuries.

A residential electrical panel caught fire in the 3700 block of South 172 Street in SeaTac. The Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority and the Tukwila Fire Department responded and there were no injuries reported.

Two men were home at the time of the fire and attempted to put out the fire using a hand-held fire extinguisher. When firefighters arrived on the scene at 5:40 p.m., they found smoke and sparks coming from the panel. Because the system was energized, firefighters stood by to keep the fire from spreading until Puget Sound Energy arrived and disconnected the power.

The fire was contained to the panel and the wall surrounding it, and is considered accidental.

More in News

Planning ahead for Memorial Day weekend traffic

It is important to have a holiday travel plan, according to WSDOT.

This petroleum refinery in Anacortes is run by Shell, one of the defendants in the suit brought by King County. Photo by Walter Siegmund/Wikipedia Commons
Can King County win its lawsuit against Big Oil?

Legal experts think past lawsuits against the tobacco industry increase the odds of a favorable outcome.

Stolen car found occupied and parked|Police Blotter

The following blotter entries were posted on the Tukwila Police Department’s Facebook:… Continue reading

Safety facilities in need of major upgrades

Without these upgrades, the safety facilities could cause more harm than good.

Governor and Secretary of State to fund statewide prepaid ballot postage

King County, however, won’t get any of that money.

Mayor Ekberg joins judging panel for design competition

The competition is a design ideas competition and it is presented by Design in Public and AIA Seattle.

Submitted photo from Puget Sound Fire.
A SeaTac condo fire broke out over the weekend

Firefighters from the Tukwila Fire Department responded to the fire and were able to put the fire out in 20 minutes alongside Puget Sound Fire and the Burien Fire Department.

From left to right, Craig Huckins, Tukwila Food Service director, State Representative Mia Gregerson, Claire Brown from United Way of King County and Megan McGroarty, Foster High School principal. Submitted photo
Second Chance Breakfast now available for Foster students

The new alternative breakfast format allows students the option of having a free breakfast 30 minutes before school or during a five minute passing period.

Most Read