The Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce will honor local businesses at its annual Awards and Recognition Luncheon on Friday, Feb. 10.
The chamber is a non-profit business organization that has served the communities of Burien, Des Moines, Normandy Park, SeaTac and Tukwila since 1989.
Award nominees are:
• Large Business of the Year: Alaska Airlines, BECU, Recology CleanScapes
• Small Business of the Year: Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC), Freedom Snacks, Rainier Cancer Center
• Outstanding Community Service: Destination Des Moines, Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, Soroptimist International Seattle South
• Business Advocate: The Boeing Company, Judy Coovert from Printcom, Rich Shockley from theSmall Business Development Center at Highline College
• Ambassador of the Year: Jackie Bea from Basil’s Kitchen, Michelle Clark from The Courtyard by Marriott Seattle SeaTac, Steve Emery from Primerica
The awards luncheon is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Four Points by Sheraton – Seattle Airport South, 22406 Pacific Highway South, Des Moines.
Attendance is open to non-member guests as well as members, however space is limited. For more information or to register, visit the chamber’s website, call 206-575-1633 or email Emma Oglesby, membership service director, at Emma@SeattleSouthsideChamber.com.