The 12th Man – thousands of them – will send off the Seattle Seahawks Sunday morning to do battle with the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 49.
Here’s the game plan from the Seahawks for the send off as the team travels through the City of SeaTac to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport for the flight to Glendale, Ariz.
• There will be no send-off access along Seahawks Way outside of Virginia Mason Athletic Center, the team’s headquarters in Renton.
• The send-off is 9 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 25, in the city of SeaTac.
• Fans can line the 1.1 mile route of South 188th Street, starting at 46th Avenue South toward 28th Avenue South.
• Fans are encouraged to bring 12 flags, signs of support, wear Seahawks attire, and cheer the Seahawks on as the team buses pass by en route to the airport.
• Parking is available in the City of SeaTac at Tyee Educational Complex (18650 42nd Ave. S., SeaTac), Chinook Middle School (4424 S. 188th St. SeaTac), Bow Lake Elementary School (18237 42nd Ave. S., SeaTac) SeaTac City Hall (4800 S. 188th St., SeaTac), Angle Lake Park (19408 International Boulevard, SeaTac), and the SeaTac Airport paid parking lot (7801 International Boulevard).
• Travelers to SeaTac are encouraged to use the Highway 518 exit from I-5.
• I-5 exit 152 (188th Street and Orillia North and Southbound) will close at 8:30 a.m. There will be no stopping, exiting, or access to 188th from I-5.
• A couple roads will be closed near the send-off. Both directions of South 188th Street from Military Road to International Boulevard will close at 8:30 a.m. and both directions of International Boulevard and eastbound South 188th Street will close at 9:15 a.m.
• Air Cargo Road (28th Avenue South) will be closed to pedestrians and non-permitted vehicles due to construction.
• Carpooling is encouraged to help alleviate traffic. Respect residential parking spots, keep intersections clear, and do not block private driveways.
• Due to TSA security, there will be no access for fans to view players, coaches, and staff boarding the plane to Arizona.
• Share photos on social media using the #SeahawksSendOff hashtag.