FOSTER BASEBALL: AT A GLANCE
• COACH: Ben Reindel, second year.
• LAST YEAR: 4-12 in league; 6-13 overall.
• TOP RETURNERS: Joel Gonzalez, jr., shortstop; Ryan Javier, sr., first base/DH; Gabe Gutierrez, jr., third base/pitcher.
• TOP NEWCOMERS: Alex Lindekugel, sr., infielder/pitcher; Connor Forsyth, fr., outfield; Yoshio Sanchez, fr., outfield; Ian Buckmaster, jr., outfield.
• OUTLOOK: This is a young bunch with strong upside. The Bulldogs got off to a 1-4 start, though that one victory was key, an 11-7 decision over Evergreen. Five of the six teams in the Seamount League advance to the postseason, so the that win over the Wolverines could come in big down the road. For the time being, the Bulldogs of plenty of live arms to take the hill, but have lacked offense during the early season. Part of what has hindered Foster has been a lack of quality practice time. The team does not have a place indoors to practice and, as such, have been forced to deal with Mother Nature most of the spring. Once the sun appears more frequently, the bats should warm up and the Bulldogs should find themselves in the playoffs.
• LAST STATE APPEARANCE: 1998.