Prosecutors file murder charge against Tukwila boy for stabbing death of SeaTac girl | Update

King County prosecutors filed a second-degree murder charge Tuesday against a 17-year-old Tukwila boy in connection with the stabbing death of a 17-year-old SeaTac girl Saturday at a Tukwila apartment.

Kolby Jordan Clark is scheduled to be arraigned on the charge April 2 at the Norm Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent, according to an email from the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office. Clark remains in custody with bail set at $1 million.

Because Clark is 17, he will be tried as an adult under state law because the crime falls under the serious violent offense of a Class A felony. If convicted, Clark faces a sentence range of 12 to 20 years in prison.

The girl has been identified in court documents as Jasmyn Tully.

Tully was found in an apartment in the 11600 block of 42nd Avenue South by Tukwila Police officers at about 3 a.m. Saturday, unconscious and suffering from stab wounds, according to Tukwila police.

She was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle by Medic One but died a short time later.

Officers questioned Clark, who lived at the apartment. Police arrested Clark and booked him into the King County Youth Services jail for investigation of second-degree murder.

Tully had a stab wound to her neck as well as defensive wounds to her right hand, according to charging papers.

Both Tully and the boy had been spending the night at the apartment rented by other residents. The boy had left the apartment when police arrived, but officers found him about 15 minutes later several blocks from the apartment walking on the street without any shoes. He had a cut to his left wrist. The boy initially claimed he had been attacked by a man.

The boy later told detectives he had killed Tully, according to court documents. He said after Tully fell asleep, he felt an urge to hurt someone.

He allegedly attacked Tully as she was sleeping. When she struggled, he stabbed her in the neck with a knife. He also said he inflicted the wound to his wrist. He showed detectives where he had tossed the knife and detectives recovered the weapon.

The boy was not going to school or working and has no ties to the community, according to the report.


View Larger Map

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates